Roy Mura is the founding and managing member of Mura Law Group, a seven-attorney law firm. He regularly analyzes and evaluates commercial and personal lines coverage issues, defends insureds in tort actions, represents insurers in intercompany arbitration matters, and litigation arson, insurance fraud, “bad faith” and coverage disputes with policyholders or other insurers, through trial and appellate practice. He has conducted hundreds of EUOs of property, auto, and no-fault insureds, claimants, and medical providers. He is admitted to practice and regularly appears in various New York State Supreme Courts and all U.S. District Courts throughout Long Island, metropolitan New York City, Rockland, and Westchester counties, Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo, and other upstate areas. He has been counsel of record on numerous reported trial level and appellate decisions in New York, having successfully tried to conclusion both first-party (arson and fraud) and third-party (motor vehicle accidents, Labor Law, and personal injury) insurance coverage and defense cases. Roy writes for and speaks frequently to insurance industry groups throughout the country on a wide variety of property and casualty insurance-related topics.
Roy has been listed in the New York Super Lawyers – Upstate Edition since 2012 and maintains the highest possible AV rating with Martidale-Hubbell.
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law, J.D.
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A., Linguistics
- New York – All Courts
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- United States District Court, Western District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Erie County
- Defense Research Institute
- Buffalo Claims Association
- General Counsel for International Association of Arson Investigators
- New York State Fire Investigators State chapter No. 23
- General Counsel to New York State Chapter of the International Association of Special Investigation Units